What the Argentines Protest

Greg1084 Wrote: Nov 18, 2012 8:20 AM
That's our future staring us in the face.
Sybil is now using two computers simultaneously.
1. In the response to Comrade Y you don't point out that when Obama talks about repealing the Bush tax cuts he isn't talking about the cuts as a whole. He means only for those making over 250K. The cuts need to be allowed to expire in their entirety to get those who were taken off the rolls back on so we'll have more people with skin in the game. I'm willing to pay the 75K more to get 500 bucks out of a few of his morons, I mean minions. 2. I agree with you on pot. While I would like to see the FDA privatized and the govt out of the business of regulating meds and drugs, I can't bring myself to vote in favor of one idiotic weed, because just legalizing pot alone is admitting we aren't free.

The Decline and Fall of America

Greg1084 Wrote: Nov 17, 2012 9:23 AM
Are you complaining? or cheering?
I'm willing to see my taxes raised substantially just to see us go over the cliff. If my taxes go up without any pain to anyone else, my Republican Congressman is going to feel plenty. I will vote for a monkey if he allows this to happen.

What Ron Paul Gets Wrong

Greg1084 Wrote: Nov 17, 2012 8:12 AM
I'm wondering about "federal lands". The secession talk is a result of growing discontent. We have seen in the past hundred years a tendency of those elected to national office to show preference for federal policies over those favoring the states. As time passes, we are seeing the deterioration of the status of many states, especially those with Blue Model policies. Money is going to become scarce or worthless, depending on how Helicopter Ben is playing with his joystick (ugh). States having unexploited resources are likely to desire to use them to survive, but many of these have been "protected" by the feds. I suspect that this is where we will see real battles over sovereignty being fought in the not-too-distant future.

What Ron Paul Gets Wrong

Greg1084 Wrote: Nov 17, 2012 8:02 AM
It's appropriate.

In Four More Years We'll Be Detroit

Greg1084 Wrote: Nov 17, 2012 7:49 AM
It's like having John Lindsey for president.

In Four More Years We'll Be Detroit

Greg1084 Wrote: Nov 17, 2012 7:48 AM
Actually, I agree with this one, but I flagged it anyway because it's Ray.

Good News: EU Budget Talks Collapse

Greg1084 Wrote: Nov 16, 2012 7:55 AM
Agriculture has always been the means of maintaining acceptance of the centralized state in France even going back to the absolute monarchy. And when the regime begins to crumble, the amount of resources and attention given to the periphery will be sacrificed in order to maintain support in the cities. Discontent will grow in farming areas and gradually encroach on the cities, where, after a while, money and the ability to confer favors and appointments will wane. Conflagration.

It's the Middle Class, Stupid

Greg1084 Wrote: Nov 16, 2012 7:46 AM
I'm through with the Republicans.