New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who politicized the Sandy Hook tragedy within hours last Friday, just wrapped up a press conference announcing new plans to fight gun violence and to counter the National Rifle Association with his own Super PAC. Bloomberg was asked by a reporter to respond to Rep. Louie Gohmert's comments over the weekend that he wished the principal of the school, who died trying to take down shooter Adam Lanza, had a gun. Bloomberg responded by saying, "There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements.....I don't know what the gun would have...
In response to:
One of the things I keep hearing since the shooting is that we need to provide extra security in these schools and maybe pay for armed guards since we spend "millions and billions" on other useless things. My question is this.... WTF do we pay cops to do now?? If not to protect citizens (and obviously children), then what? Why should we pay extra for what we already pay for? Here's a thought, get the useless donut eating cops off traffic duty and to stop being glorified meter maids....and have a cop car with 2 uniformed officers parked in the parking lot. Simple and effective solution.
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 53 minutes ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago