Guy covered this in detail a few days ago, but there’s at least two points worth re-emphasizing: (1) The budget process commonly known as “sequestration” originated in the corridors of the White House, and was signed into law by President Obama himself. Hence, the president’s insistence that Republicans are somehow solely responsible if the negotiations fail -- and the cuts kick in -- is erroneous. (2) The negative consequences of sequestration -- discussed endlessly by this president and his lieutenants -- are exaggerated to a mystifying degree. Yuval Levin blew the lid off Team Obama’s opportunism and endless...
In response to:
I think most of even the $44B in cuts comes from Defense, but I might be wrong on that. I'm also an "overpaid" AF civilian, supporting our warfighters and keeping planes flying well past their original service life; and, as much as a 20% cut in pay will hurt through the Admin Furlough, I also think we need to make Obama own this if it happens.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 4 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago