During a recent gun violence prevention public hearing in Hartford, Connecticut, Bill Stevens, a father of a Sandy Hook student who survived the massacre that took place in December, testified. Stevens explained why his daughter is safer at home than she is at school because "911" and "lockdown" are not enough to protect her from an evil person. Stevens also defended the right to bear arms which is not only written in the Second Amendment, but in the Connecticut constitution as well. He argued gun owners shouldn't be turned into suspects no matter how many firearms or rounds of ammunition...
In response to:
Bear Trax, Here in Mississippi we are doing what you advise; i.e., arming the teachers and administrators. In my wife's school system fully 1/2 of the teachers have taken or about to take the "Enhanced Concealed Weapons Permit Course". After meeting some of these teachers (some with Glock .40 caliber handguns), I for one would be very afraid of trying to shoot anyone in these schools. The teachers either have a "Mama Grizzly Bear" attitude or a "p*ssed off PMS" attitude.
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 36 minutes ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Conservatives and establishment GOP agree: Don’t impeach Obama Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Democrats plan on making Hobby Lobby their midterm message Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago