I DON'T FALL IN LOVE with politicians – the last presidential candidate I voted for with ardor was Ronald Reagan in 1980 – and my heart doesn't break when those I support don't win. Nor am I a party loyalist. As a conservative I vote for Republicans more often than not; for those of us committed to free enterprise, limited government, military strength, and a healthy civil society, there is usually no better option. But the Republican Party isn't the conservative movement. And a GOP defeat doesn't mean conservatism – or the GOP, for that matter – is in crisis....
I get it! Things have to get worse before they get better. Now that we are at the bottom of the cliff there is only one direction to go? Somehow, I dodn't find that encouraging.
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 18 hours ago