So, what do you think happened last night? What does it mean for Christianity, for Israel, the Middle East and the world at large? For the United States of America, for your family, your kids and for your grandkids? How significant was it in terms of economics, and electoral politics? Do you think we've crossed some kind of tipping point of some kind, with half of America dependent upon the federal government and the other half paying for it? How do you persuade those who don't pay taxes to embrace tax cuts? What does it mean for the future of the...
We are well on the "Road to Serfdom" . . . otherwise known as the shady side of Alexander Tytler's "Cycle of Democracy." Democrats celebrate in ignorance and Republicans similarly lament – not knowing that all Romney would have done is slow our rate of travel in the same direction. I doubt that even Ron Paul or Gary Johnson could have changed leviathan's direction – although I would like see them have a shot at it. Granted, the process would be more educational than political, in any practical sense. I have long considered my third party presidential vote, all these years, as a boycott of the two major parties. And I have never felt that my vote was "wasted."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Sebelius: Why, no, we have no idea who’s paid for their ObamaCare plans Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Tesla: Chris Christie’s administration just blocked us from selling our cars in New Jersey Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Obama to Putin: It’s not too late to rethink this Crimea thing, you know Allahpundit 9 hours ago