So, what do you think happened last night? What does it mean for Christianity, for Israel, the Middle East and the world at large? For the United States of America, for your family, your kids and for your grandkids? How significant was it in terms of economics, and electoral politics? Do you think we've crossed some kind of tipping point of some kind, with half of America dependent upon the federal government and the other half paying for it? How do you persuade those who don't pay taxes to embrace tax cuts? What does it mean for the future of the...
We are well on the "Road to Serfdom" . . . otherwise known as the shady side of Alexander Tytler's "Cycle of Democracy." Democrats celebrate in ignorance and Republicans similarly lament – not knowing that all Romney would have done is slow our rate of travel in the same direction. I doubt that even Ron Paul or Gary Johnson could have changed leviathan's direction – although I would like see them have a shot at it. Granted, the process would be more educational than political, in any practical sense. I have long considered my third party presidential vote, all these years, as a boycott of the two major parties. And I have never felt that my vote was "wasted."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 5 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 7 hours ago