Let's pretend that we have the political guts to expand economic opportunities for people at the lower end of the economic spectrum. What vested interests should be attacked, and what economic regulations should be targeted for elimination? It doesn't take a lot of money to become a taxi owner-operator and earn more than $40,000 a year. One needs a car, an insurance policy and ancillary interior equipment to make a car a taxi. In New York City, to be a taxi owner you'd have to purchase a license -- called a medallion -- that in June 2012 cost $704,000. New...
I don’t know, maybe it is just as well to hold down the lawyer population by any means possible. Clearly we need less lawyers and more taxi drivers.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Again: Exactly which elite, liberal institution does have to live up to the Left’s values? Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Detroit suspends water shut-offs for 15 days Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Through the looking glass: White House that loves using anonymous sources upset at being attacked by anonymous sources Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: The angriest atheist Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Police protect Jewish students from Pro-Palestinian mob…in Boston Guy Benson 9 hours ago