How many decisions in our day-to-day lives would we like to be made through majority rule or the democratic process? How about the decision to watch a football game or "Law and Order"? What about whether to purchase a Chevrolet Volt or a Toyota Prius? Would you...
Republicans and Democrats don't seem to realize how agreeable their two-parties have become. In even in the most close nit family there is "nitpicking" and "name-calling." No big deal. Both Republicans and Democrats have become dedicated to one devout purpose – expand the size, scope and power of the federal government. Their political direction is the same. Only their rate of speed varies slightly and in different areas of social and economic control.
President Barack Obama narrowly defeated Gov. Mitt Romney in the popular vote 51 percent to 48 percent. In the all-important Electoral College, the difference was larger, with Obama winning 303 electoral votes and Romney 206. Let's not think so much about the election's outcome but instead ask: What's so good about democracy and majority rule?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 7 hours ago