24) "I’ve been to dozens of Tea Party rallies. I’ve given at least a half a dozen or more speeches. I have not yet to find the first racist comment or the first person who approaches me from a racist perspective. I will speak very clearly here. Racism is a part of a lot of things in our country. Good people are the predominant fact of our country. I simply don’t get it. There are good...
Every human being is prejudiced, and race is just one of the many ways we pre-judge – along with selecting a date. Everyone of every race does it, and we do it within ethnic and social groups within each race. If I meet a Democrat or a Republican, I immediately pre-judge. It’s not set in concrete, but it is a pre-judgement. It's the same if I meet a tattooed biker in a leather vest, a Mormon elder with a Bible under his arm, or, a guy walking a pit bull. It’s got nothing to do with bigotry – it's awareness. In far too many cases, the “racist” accusation is disingenuous political hyperbole.
25) "A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders." -- Larry Elder
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 40 mins ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago