After a comprehensive immigration bill passed the Senate in June, President Obama says he's "absolutely confident" it can pass the House if put to a vote.
But critics question how many lawmakers have actually read the 1,200-page bill, which they say is packed with hidden pork-barrel spending projects ranging from $1.5 billion for a "Youth Jobs Program" to millions for immigrant support groups that some say have a political agenda.
"Earmarks, special pork deals, and...
How sad. McCain used to be a champion against pork. I wonder if he even realizes how far he has fallen.
Great news everyone. The Gang of 8 "comprehensive" immigration reform package is turning out just like every other gigantic bill the Senate passes: chock full of pork.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 12 hours ago