First the good news: we can now peer ahead to the end of the third quarter of 2013 and see what is in store for the quarterly dividends of the S&P 500! The chart below reveals what we see in that future.
Taking the change in dividends over time as a good measure of the health of the U.S. economy, 2013 thus far appears to be destined for spectacularly lackluster growth, as dividends would seem to be set to stall out during the year, losing the momentum they've sustained since mid-2010.
Here, instead of increasing...
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 23 minutes ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago