Murray, the No. 4 Democrat in leadership, made no promises Democrats would pass a budget with her at the helm, but she said she’s never turned down a job because it was too tough. “We are deep in discussion about what we need to do from now until the end of the year. That will totally determine our path forward. As I’ve said repeatedly, we’ve got to have a balanced approach. This election was about that: Our president ran on it, our numerous Senate candidates said...
In response to:
While these GOP efforts are focused primarily on reducing the vote among members of Democratic leaning groups, such as students, African Americans, the poor, and Latinos, the undermining of democracy being carried out by the GOP affects us all by weakening the fundamental core of our political system. It is up to all of us to fight back by protesting against the restrictive laws that the GOP is trying to pass, helping register voters, and making sure that everyone who wants to vote on election day is able to comply with whatever hurdles the GOP is able to put up.
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 43 minutes ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago