Murray, the No. 4 Democrat in leadership, made no promises Democrats would pass a budget with her at the helm, but she said she’s never turned down a job because it was too tough. “We are deep in discussion about what we need to do from now until the end of the year. That will totally determine our path forward. As I’ve said repeatedly, we’ve got to have a balanced approach. This election was about that: Our president ran on it, our numerous Senate candidates said...
In response to:
There is no better example of how bankrupt today's GOP is than the efforts of that party to restrict voting. A political party that was interested in promoting the democratic values that make our country great would seek to increase voting, and let the chips fall where they may on election day. Instead, the GOP cowers in fear from the electorate, and chooses to combine a suppression of democracy with the money from conservative sugar daddies in an attempt to gain political power regardless of the cost to our democracy.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014