Murray, the No. 4 Democrat in leadership, made no promises Democrats would pass a budget with her at the helm, but she said she’s never turned down a job because it was too tough. “We are deep in discussion about what we need to do from now until the end of the year. That will totally determine our path forward. As I’ve said repeatedly, we’ve got to have a balanced approach. This election was about that: Our president ran on it, our numerous Senate candidates said...
In response to:
There is no better example of how bankrupt today's GOP is than the efforts of that party to restrict voting. A political party that was interested in promoting the democratic values that make our country great would seek to increase voting, and let the chips fall where they may on election day. Instead, the GOP cowers in fear from the electorate, and chooses to combine a suppression of democracy with the money from conservative sugar daddies in an attempt to gain political power regardless of the cost to our democracy.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 9 hours ago