Warren Buffett has released his annual encyclical on the need to raise taxes for the wealthy, from theNew York Times, the de facto cathedral of the Church of Enlightened Envy. As usual the arguments make no sense, and conservatives have issued the usual challenges: Capital gains taxes are a second layer of taxation, so it’s irrational to compare that only to a middle class person’s total tax rate; capital gains tax rates are lower because capital is at risk from speculative losses, unlike wage and salary income; capital gains rates are lower because most capital gains are long term,...
Warren Buffett - just another do as I say, not as I do, little-people-hating liberal. Pathetic.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 19 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014