"So how can one be a moral relativist and a moral absolutist all at once? It is quite simple actually. In order to resolve contradictions all one has to do is reject the Law of Non- contradiction. If A can also be not-A then you can believe anything you want. And that means you can live any way you want while retaining the privilege of attacking others. " It took me a long time to come to this conclusion on my own, years ago. It perfectly explains liberalism and its allure to the non-rational, which encompasses far too many in our country and world. I think attacking this head-on is the best solution - point it out every time you see it, reinforce it's wholly irrational and wholly tyrannical basis.
One of my readers reached out to me a couple of years ago with the hope that I could help him communicate with his prodigal nephew. The kid had grown up in a Christian home and seemed to be doing well until he enrolled at a local community college. It was there that he decided to abandon his conservative and Christian beliefs. Even worse than that, he decided to replace them by joining a neo-pagan cult. I will not mention the group by name as I do not want to give them more attention than they deserve.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 23 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014