"So how can one be a moral relativist and a moral absolutist all at once? It is quite simple actually. In order to resolve contradictions all one has to do is reject the Law of Non- contradiction. If A can also be not-A then you can believe anything you want. And that means you can live any way you want while retaining the privilege of attacking others. " It took me a long time to come to this conclusion on my own, years ago. It perfectly explains liberalism and its allure to the non-rational, which encompasses far too many in our country and world. I think attacking this head-on is the best solution - point it out every time you see it, reinforce it's wholly irrational and wholly tyrannical basis.
One of my readers reached out to me a couple of years ago with the hope that I could help him communicate with his prodigal nephew. The kid had grown up in a Christian home and seemed to be doing well until he enrolled at a local community college. It was there that he decided to abandon his conservative and Christian beliefs. Even worse than that, he decided to replace them by joining a neo-pagan cult. I will not mention the group by name as I do not want to give them more attention than they deserve.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Should Mike Anderson III go free? Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Krauthammer: Can we all remember that we have added $7 trillion to the debt in 5 years, please? Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- State legislators: Hey, you know what we really need right now? More federal land! Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- CBO: ObamaCare premiums and healthcare spending will rise by less than expected, because… Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago