"So how can one be a moral relativist and a moral absolutist all at once? It is quite simple actually. In order to resolve contradictions all one has to do is reject the Law of Non- contradiction. If A can also be not-A then you can believe anything you want. And that means you can live any way you want while retaining the privilege of attacking others. " It took me a long time to come to this conclusion on my own, years ago. It perfectly explains liberalism and its allure to the non-rational, which encompasses far too many in our country and world. I think attacking this head-on is the best solution - point it out every time you see it, reinforce it's wholly irrational and wholly tyrannical basis.
One of my readers reached out to me a couple of years ago with the hope that I could help him communicate with his prodigal nephew. The kid had grown up in a Christian home and seemed to be doing well until he enrolled at a local community college. It was there that he decided to abandon his conservative and Christian beliefs. Even worse than that, he decided to replace them by joining a neo-pagan cult. I will not mention the group by name as I do not want to give them more attention than they deserve.
- Decision to release details of failed raid to free James Foley backfires on White House Noah Rothman 42 mins ago
- Philadelphia mayor prepares to fund Russian mob with new cigarette tax Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago