My son called me anxious to talk about the hot story of the day. I tell him it had not hit my screen. When it does I tell him I am clueless as to what he is talking about. He chides me for missing a huge story of how Manti Te’o, the linebacker for Notre Dame, lost his grandmother and girlfriend on the same day, but now the story regarding the death of the girlfriend is a hoax. I remind number one son that I am a “between-the-lines” guy when it comes to sports and that the story ran concurrent with...
"Now if he had said he was a Republican ….." I almost posted this before finishing reading the article. There are two standards to be met in journalism: one if it smears anything remotely conservative, free market, etc, and one if it reinforces the liberal agenda. Te'o wasn't questioned because he's a minority and it's a touchy feely emotion first story. Someone like Sarah Palin, on the other hand, gets her life ripped apart and numerous lies spread, simply because she supports freedom and conservatism.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 39 minutes ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 5 hours ago