My son called me anxious to talk about the hot story of the day. I tell him it had not hit my screen. When it does I tell him I am clueless as to what he is talking about. He chides me for missing a huge story of how Manti Te’o, the linebacker for Notre Dame, lost his grandmother and girlfriend on the same day, but now the story regarding the death of the girlfriend is a hoax. I remind number one son that I am a “between-the-lines” guy when it comes to sports and that the story ran concurrent with...
"Now if he had said he was a Republican ….." I almost posted this before finishing reading the article. There are two standards to be met in journalism: one if it smears anything remotely conservative, free market, etc, and one if it reinforces the liberal agenda. Te'o wasn't questioned because he's a minority and it's a touchy feely emotion first story. Someone like Sarah Palin, on the other hand, gets her life ripped apart and numerous lies spread, simply because she supports freedom and conservatism.
- Reason Magazine actually asked climate protesters what they want to do, and it’s hilarious Noah Rothman 30 mins ago
- Lerner speaks! (To Politico) Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Panetta: Obama’s bad decisions on Syria and Iraq led to rise of ISIS Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Disaster: 130,000 refugees flee ISIS, cross into Turkey Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago