Lately it's been the latter. During his acceptance speech at the Republican convention, Mitt Romney faulted President Barack Obama because "gasoline prices have doubled" on his watch, while lamenting the plight of a hard-pressed American "watching the gas pump hit $50." Message: You won't...
Once again, Steve-O takes lib talking points again as fact, while remaining skeptical of any and all arguments to the contrary. No surprises there, that's dog bites man, again. No chance the never ending money printing drove up the cost? No chance that the Obama Administration's energy policy has not only weakened supply from where it should be, but also where it will be in the future? The bigger reason the price plummeted in 2008 was Bush announced they would open up production, and the market believed him. No one believes Obama will do either of those things.
If there is any issue you can be sure will come up during a presidential election campaign, it's gasoline prices. They are simple, important and plainly visible to anyone who drives. They're the classic pocketbook issue: When prices are low or at least falling, voters somehow feel better than when prices are high or rising.
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 40 mins ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Trouble in Paradise: NY Times won’t endorse Andrew Cuomo’s reelection bid Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Media curiously silent on “Truthy” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- TEMS Wednesday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago