Lately it's been the latter. During his acceptance speech at the Republican convention, Mitt Romney faulted President Barack Obama because "gasoline prices have doubled" on his watch, while lamenting the plight of a hard-pressed American "watching the gas pump hit $50." Message: You won't...
Once again, Steve-O takes lib talking points again as fact, while remaining skeptical of any and all arguments to the contrary. No surprises there, that's dog bites man, again. No chance the never ending money printing drove up the cost? No chance that the Obama Administration's energy policy has not only weakened supply from where it should be, but also where it will be in the future? The bigger reason the price plummeted in 2008 was Bush announced they would open up production, and the market believed him. No one believes Obama will do either of those things.
If there is any issue you can be sure will come up during a presidential election campaign, it's gasoline prices. They are simple, important and plainly visible to anyone who drives. They're the classic pocketbook issue: When prices are low or at least falling, voters somehow feel better than when prices are high or rising.
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 33 minutes ago
- Watch the most infuriating interview on the Israel-Gaza conflict yet Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Wisconsin gubernatorial poll: Mary Burke 47, Scott Walker 46 Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- CNN: Obama approval holding steady … at 42% Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Uh oh: Democratic senator from Montana accused of plagiarism in Army War College assignment; Update: I had PTSD, says Walsh Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Obama orders American ‘military advisors’ to support Ukraine against pro-Russian rebels Noah Rothman 3 hours ago