Uh...Mr. Page got the origins of 'Taps' wrong. It was not written by a Confederate soldier. I would check out music historian Jari S. Villaneueva for a more definitive history of 'Taps.'

An Open Letter to Post-Abortive Women

gpeterson Wrote: Dec 10, 2012 10:47 PM
Abortion is what it is, pregnancy termination. An embryo is what it is, a fetus is what it is, a child is someone that I can hold in my arms and nurture if she/he needs me, unlike with an embryo or a fetus. Judging from your barely disguised glee and emotional blackmail in your declaration that some "children" won't necessarily go to heaven...there is little reason to trust the morality of your opinion.

An Open Letter to Post-Abortive Women

gpeterson Wrote: Dec 10, 2012 10:42 PM
Let's see...Puerto Rico, Guam, Philippines, the Southwest United States was a forced to sell under the gun deal. Texas revolted from Mexico, lead by American immigrants, because the Black President of Mexico, Vicente Guerrero, had freed most of the slaves. As the Texan rebels were mostly of American origin, they thought that joining the U.S., then a slave nation, was going to be a good fit for them. Their second revolt to defend slavery, however, failed, though they introduced a almost a hundred years of Jim Crow. (The Waco Horror horrified the civilized world.) Oh, Haiti. Decades after our 13th Amendment, U.S. occupiers tried to force the reintroduciton of slavery there...but...they met resistance. I wonder why? (I"m being sarcastic.)

An Open Letter to Post-Abortive Women

gpeterson Wrote: Dec 10, 2012 10:33 PM
Of course in Matthew 19, as the apostles pointed out, Christ discouraged men from marrying at all with his radical redefinition of divorce, He urged all men to live as eunuchs because of the reign of the heavens. (Eunuchs, some of whom were "born that way," were thought to not be of the marrying kind, and were stereotyped as not being masculine acting...and ...well...I won't talk about THAT in allegedly polite society.) Does Mr. Barber live like a eunuch for the reign of the heavens? Or does he not listen to Jesus and married to have a venue for his sexual lusts? (I exaggerate here for effect.)

An Open Letter to Post-Abortive Women

gpeterson Wrote: Dec 10, 2012 10:15 PM
The Mayas have hardly died out...ask my Mayan neighbors. There was even a Mayan nation, generally known as Chan Santa Cruz, in what is now Quintana Roo, for about 50 years in the 19th Century.
Considering that I have a genetic disease that use to be a very, very, I mean really horrible way to die (like many still are) before Nobel Prize winning research found fairly effective treatment... If my mother had a miscarriage (I was much wanted), I wouldn't have cared, would have I? Life is interesting and I'm glad to be alive, but...never having been born would spared me a lot of problems. If God is my creator. my intelligent designer... where can I file a law suit? Having worked as an intelligent designer myself, had I had ever screwed up that badly, I'd deservedly be sued for everything I have. We really can't depend upon people who speak for God, as Mr. Barber does, to tell us what to do when it comes to difficult decisions.

A Queer Need for Rejection

gpeterson Wrote: Dec 05, 2012 3:43 AM
This website is actually about an entitlement to unearned privilege and political hegemony, don't you think?

A Queer Need for Rejection

gpeterson Wrote: Dec 05, 2012 3:17 AM
"Sexual preference" isn't the same thing as "sexual orientation. They are two different things." One's sexual orientation isn't even necessarily the same thing as one's sexual identity, though I think that life is somehow better when it is. There is no "homosexual activist ideology." There are Gay rights activists, but that's not the same thing.

Sore Winners

gpeterson Wrote: Nov 27, 2012 10:14 PM
"I can't recall the last time a mainstream American politician referred to "state's rights," but I'm pretty sure that whoever it was, he was a Democrat. It was the code term southern Democrats used to defend Jim Crow laws. You're right, states' rights was the code term southern Democrats used to defend Jim Crow laws... Southern Democrats, such as Strom Thurmond, which then joined the Republican party. Here is a Democrat talking states' rights for you.... Oops, I was wrong (he writes with faux innocence), he's actually the Republican Alabama State House Speaker Mike Hubbard, who has the Speaker’s Commission on the Protection of Alabama Values and States Rights. http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20120817/NEWS/120819813

Sore Winners

gpeterson Wrote: Nov 27, 2012 9:51 PM
There is no Constitutional requirement for a candidate to produce a birth certificate. You have to be a natural born citizen, whatever the Congress and the Supreme Court says that is (before the 14th Amendment, you had to be white to be a citizen, though Congress could just proclaim that you were white, as it was known to have done). There is no constitutionally set legal requirements on proving that you are. You should be at least 35 years old. The constitution demands that you have lived in the country for at least 14 years (not necessarily in one chunk of time). Lastly, you much take the oath of office (which. by the way, doesn't mention God.)