A friend of mine (who I won’t name) has fallen for this several times. The hoaxes perpetrated against him eventually evolved to the point of fake woman needing money to get out of some horrible situation that...
I find it unconscionable that people find this funny. None of us know for sure why or how this happened. There doesn't seem anything he could gain from it. Possibly it was done to embarass him or harm his career. I never find it amusing to laugh at someone's foibles. Perhaps because I look back on myself at his age and remember the times I thought I was in love. It wasn't until my 40's that I experienced lasting, unquestionable love. Just sayin.....
Who hasn’t laughed at the revelation that Notre Dame football star Manti Te’o had a “fake” girlfriend? I meant to spend five minutes on the subject on my radio show and ended up doing an hour and then making fun of it randomly throughout all three hours. As funny as it is, and it is pretty funny, it’s also not foreign to me.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago