The answer, of course, is that it would cut back on the medications for children. Why? Because that would be what was most likely to get the budget cuts restored. If they cut back on building statues of Benedict Arnold, people might ask why they were building statues of...
We may as well not have a Congress. They do nothing to stop this anti-American madman!
Back in my teaching days, many years ago, one of the things I liked to ask the class to consider was this: Imagine a government agency with only two tasks: (1) building statues of Benedict Arnold and (2) providing life-saving medications to children. If this agency's budget were cut, what would it do?
- Kerry lands in Cairo as Hamas, Israel refuse cease fire Ed Morrissey 13 minutes ago
- IRS: Hey, maybe we do have our e-mail backups Ed Morrissey 53 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Again: Exactly which elite, liberal institution does have to live up to the Left’s values? Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Detroit suspends water shut-offs for 15 days Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Through the looking glass: White House that loves using anonymous sources upset at being attacked by anonymous sources Allahpundit 12 hours ago