The answer, of course, is that it would cut back on the medications for children. Why? Because that would be what was most likely to get the budget cuts restored. If they cut back on building statues of Benedict Arnold, people might ask why they were building statues of...
We may as well not have a Congress. They do nothing to stop this anti-American madman!
Back in my teaching days, many years ago, one of the things I liked to ask the class to consider was this: Imagine a government agency with only two tasks: (1) building statues of Benedict Arnold and (2) providing life-saving medications to children. If this agency's budget were cut, what would it do?
- Polls show Israel in lockstep with Netanyahu on Gaza war Ed Morrissey 48 minutes ago
- Constitutional law professor on separation of powers: “Stop hatin’ all the time” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: A huge executive amnesty for illegals would be a big mistake, says … Ed Schultz? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Grimes: Iron Dome really helps defend against the tunnels, or something Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Is the world giving up on a two-state solution? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Are the culture wars really just about sex? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago