The answer, of course, is that it would cut back on the medications for children. Why? Because that would be what was most likely to get the budget cuts restored. If they cut back on building statues of Benedict Arnold, people might ask why they were building statues of...
Ha! Much like Christians paying "tribute" to Islam (Muslims) for the right to keep your head.
Back in my teaching days, many years ago, one of the things I liked to ask the class to consider was this: Imagine a government agency with only two tasks: (1) building statues of Benedict Arnold and (2) providing life-saving medications to children. If this agency's budget were cut, what would it do?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago