Congressional Republicans caved in to the Democrats this week, surrendering their principles in order to pass a bill that merely delays the looming fiscal cliff by two months. This is the first time Republicans have voted for a tax increase in 20 years. House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) strong-armed Republican members of the House into supporting it, no doubt by threatening them with loss of their committee positions should they dare to oppose it. The Wall Street Journal described the massive sellout in an editorial, “The Senate-White House compromise grudgingly passed by the House is a Beltway classic: the...
In response to:
Yes!! Even if -- and this is possible but not probable -- this is one of those "I can't tell you what will really happen or happened" so I have to suffer your scorn in order to do the thing I must because you will see in the end how this plays into a grand strategy.", it doesn't make sense even as a double-agent type of move. It makes no sense on any level.
- GOP Senate candidate’s ad: Meet the doctor who saved my baby’s life Allahpundit 52 minutes ago
- Rand Paul: I think Republicans may have over-emphasized voter fraud Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Fatah, Hamas announce reconciliation pact, new elections Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Just a reminder: Lindsey Graham’s probably going to get reelected Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Tom Steyer: I am absolutely nothing at all like the Koch brothers Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Video: AFP launches ObamaCare attacks on four vulnerable Senate Dems Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago