Congressional Republicans caved in to the Democrats this week, surrendering their principles in order to pass a bill that merely delays the looming fiscal cliff by two months. This is the first time Republicans have voted for a tax increase in 20 years. House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) strong-armed Republican members of the House into supporting it, no doubt by threatening them with loss of their committee positions should they dare to oppose it. The Wall Street Journal described the massive sellout in an editorial, “The Senate-White House compromise grudgingly passed by the House is a Beltway classic: the...
In response to:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz. So tired of the blame-it-on-corporations meme.
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 32 minutes ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago