Congressional Republicans caved in to the Democrats this week, surrendering their principles in order to pass a bill that merely delays the looming fiscal cliff by two months. This is the first time Republicans have voted for a tax increase in 20 years. House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) strong-armed Republican members of the House into supporting it, no doubt by threatening them with loss of their committee positions should they dare to oppose it. The Wall Street Journal described the massive sellout in an editorial, “The Senate-White House compromise grudgingly passed by the House is a Beltway classic: the...
In response to:
We must go off the cliff, if not this time then next. Only a pendulum will change things; evolution does not work. Revolution will. We have to go into disaster mode before economic and common sense rules again.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 14 hours ago