Congressional Republicans caved in to the Democrats this week, surrendering their principles in order to pass a bill that merely delays the looming fiscal cliff by two months. This is the first time Republicans have voted for a tax increase in 20 years. House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) strong-armed Republican members of the House into supporting it, no doubt by threatening them with loss of their committee positions should they dare to oppose it. The Wall Street Journal described the massive sellout in an editorial, “The Senate-White House compromise grudgingly passed by the House is a Beltway classic: the...
In response to:
We must go off the cliff, if not this time then next. Only a pendulum will change things; evolution does not work. Revolution will. We have to go into disaster mode before economic and common sense rules again.
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- “Are you a Christian?” Tucker Carlson vs. Kirsten Powers on admitting children from Central America Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Joe Scarborough on Israel: “We cannot be associated with this if this continues” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Clintons on unauthorized bios: “Should neither be allowed nor enabled” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago