Congressional Republicans caved in to the Democrats this week, surrendering their principles in order to pass a bill that merely delays the looming fiscal cliff by two months. This is the first time Republicans have voted for a tax increase in 20 years. House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) strong-armed Republican members of the House into supporting it, no doubt by threatening them with loss of their committee positions should they dare to oppose it. The Wall Street Journal described the massive sellout in an editorial, “The Senate-White House compromise grudgingly passed by the House is a Beltway classic: the...
In response to:
We must go off the cliff, if not this time then next. Only a pendulum will change things; evolution does not work. Revolution will. We have to go into disaster mode before economic and common sense rules again.
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago