Congressional Republicans caved in to the Democrats this week, surrendering their principles in order to pass a bill that merely delays the looming fiscal cliff by two months. This is the first time Republicans have voted for a tax increase in 20 years. House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) strong-armed Republican members of the House into supporting it, no doubt by threatening them with loss of their committee positions should they dare to oppose it. The Wall Street Journal described the massive sellout in an editorial, “The Senate-White House compromise grudgingly passed by the House is a Beltway classic: the...
In response to:
We must go off the cliff, if not this time then next. Only a pendulum will change things; evolution does not work. Revolution will. We have to go into disaster mode before economic and common sense rules again.
- Martha Coakley’s campaign seems to be in mid-collapse Jazz Shaw 22 mins ago
- Half of Americans willing to pay zero additional dollars for EPA carbon regs Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: Hatchet-wielding attacker has “Islamic extremist leanings” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago