Congressional Republicans caved in to the Democrats this week, surrendering their principles in order to pass a bill that merely delays the looming fiscal cliff by two months. This is the first time Republicans have voted for a tax increase in 20 years. House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) strong-armed Republican members of the House into supporting it, no doubt by threatening them with loss of their committee positions should they dare to oppose it. The Wall Street Journal described the massive sellout in an editorial, “The Senate-White House compromise grudgingly passed by the House is a Beltway classic: the...
In response to:
We must go off the cliff, if not this time then next. Only a pendulum will change things; evolution does not work. Revolution will. We have to go into disaster mode before economic and common sense rules again.
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 15 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 16 hours ago