Putin Pulls Obama's Strings

Gordon79 Wrote: Sep 10, 2013 6:52 PM
Since Bush too had pre-exising objectives before going to war, I'd say Obama blew it with his. He should have bombed when he had the chance; and taken a chance. Now there will be an even stronger Syria than before and a far more concrete and public alliance between them and Russia. Which makes it even harder in the future to do anything about Syrian atrocities (which happen with regularity and with staggering totals which Obama doesn't care about; just gas). Total failure to protect American interests -- seemingly whichever way this thing has gone. Summation: Obama controls nothing; he waits, he defers, he postpones until real action is taken by others. Weasel in Chief and the anti-leader.
hey, the man has, uh, cajones. Now, of course, I've never seen them because he always has his undies on when he sends me photos, but I'm just sayin'.

Grow Up, Mr. President

Gordon79 Wrote: Sep 04, 2013 1:15 AM
Yes!!! Well said. And on the "surprise" issue, total agreement. If killing Assad with a drone was part of the strategy (and it should be), do we really believe he's still where we think he is? Militarily, at least, Obama is, well, an idiot. I'd like to respect our President; I just don't. He is a fool. And so-o-o-o transparent. Its not about chemical weapons; its about Obama's face. Selfish SOB.

Hillary Just Isn't All That Interesting

Gordon79 Wrote: Aug 02, 2013 12:52 AM
Travelling a million miles as SoS and claiming that like some kind of achievement is like a salesperson claiming he/she made hundreds of sales calls. What matters is making a revenue target. I expect that in fact she didn't have much of the equivalent; our Obama-led foreign policy is a quagmire. Perhaps she was just a front, the result of deal, so she could remain active and shore up the resume in order to succeed Obama. In any case, she did virtually nothing and should be given no points; title only.

Al Qaeda is Back

Gordon79 Wrote: Aug 01, 2013 1:01 PM
Its so stupid to think that taking out a leader destroys the group, especially a motivated group. In fact, I've always argued that quite the opposite is more usual. Imagine group/country A taking out our President; do we fold? No, we are RE-energized beyond the point we would have been. If Obama every thought or said he thought taking out OBL was the end of AQ, he is an even worse leader and military mind than imagined.
As long as we give credit to underachievers, progress will be elusive. For any race. Subsidizing -- and tolerating -- uneducated approaches to life will not further race relations, much less the individual him/herself.
Loser. Never has been anything but. America, you have been suckered. You elected a done-nothing who governs as a do-nothing.

The Little Boy Who is a "She-lebrity"

Gordon79 Wrote: May 31, 2013 12:00 PM
Almost right. Further, I think it reflects a joyless, intellectually numb approach that if anything is different it must be bad. We must all have the same. Exceptionalism is bad; let's everybody just be average.

The Little Boy Who is a "She-lebrity"

Gordon79 Wrote: May 31, 2013 11:57 AM
Gender neutrality will end up not destroying society but simply wussifying it. And I include women in the military. Its only nature; nature WANTS two distinct genders. Nature wants us to act and react differently. IT WORKS BEST THAT WAY. Arrrggghhh, this trend is so aggravating. Why don't people just keep it to themselves? Want your boy to play with dolls? Want your girl being a daredevil? Fine, just do it. Don't push it in my face.

The Little Boy Who is a "She-lebrity"

Gordon79 Wrote: May 31, 2013 11:52 AM
The Swedes -- and I am 25% Swedish -- in recent times have fought for nothing worthwhile. Weak, weak, weak. Oh, and ridiculous, ridiculous, ridiculous.
Wow. I'm a Rand Paul fan for no other reason -- there must be many -- after seeing this video defending Apple. Bravo! Compare this passionate, logical and fair man to the one we have "running" the country. Oh, man, are we hosed if we don't do something to reverse the damage. Rand Paul: Inauguration 2017.