When surveys are conducted, the people who are interviewed are randomly selected registered (in a good poll) likely voters who are willing to respond. But that just begins the process. Those responses must then be "weighted" or allocated based on some projected model of past or future voter turnout strength. In other...
In response to:
POLLING IS MISSING OUT ON THE EFFECT OF OBAMACARE . OBAMACARE IS A NEGATIVE FOR THOSE OVER 60, UNDER 30, and the WORKING MIDDLE-AGED. . AND THEY'LL COME OUT IN BIGGER NUMBERS THAN POLLING INDICATES . If you're on Medicare or approaching 65, remember Obama has removed $ 500 Billion Dollars from Medicare to put into ObamaCare. To stop this you must vote for Romney who will repeal ObamaCare. . If you're under 30 and in reasonably good health, you'll only need low cost catastrophic health insurance but you'll be forced to pay into ObamaCare more than any private insurance company would charge, to subsidize those not in good health. To stop this you must vote Obama out of office. .
As one who polled the 2008 presidential race extensively, it dawned on me, looking at the various "swing state" surveys taken recently, that many pollsters might be making a significant error that results in President Barack Obama with a lead, when perhaps the lead in reality belongs to Mitt Romney.
- Next co-host of “The View”: Meghan McCain? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ObamaCare premiums in MN heading for double-digit increases? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Finally: Obama nominated for his first Emmy Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago