The law student's father, Don Rosenberg of Westlake Village, Calif., has been waging a crusade ever since. He's angry at San Francisco's policy, announced by then-Mayor Gavin Newsom in 2009, that shielded unlicensed drivers from an automatic 30-day impoundment of their vehicles. He's furious that Galo...
In response to:
Surprising? This is San Francisco, after all, "The City That Forgot How To Do Anything." I spent 36 years in the Bay Area (1966-2002), watching it transform itself from a place with a lot of class to one that catered to the lowest dregs of humanity. One needs to always remember that all choices have consequences, although most of these may seem unpleasant and/or undesirable - at least at the time. This case is an inevitable consequence of a choice made sometime back, and was "unintended," although completely foreseeable (if one would have chosen to use their brain for thinking).
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials detained Roberto Galo on Wednesday morning. Galo is a legal immigrant but an unlicensed driver who, on Nov. 16, 2010, took a left turn at Harrison and 16th streets in San Francisco. His car struck law student Drew Rosenberg. Witnesses later testified that Galo then backed over Rosenberg, who died.
- White House giving up fight over Obamacare’s contraception mandate? Noah Rothman 34 minutes ago
- Kerry arrives in Israel for cease-fire talks Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 11 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 12 hours ago