The law student's father, Don Rosenberg of Westlake Village, Calif., has been waging a crusade ever since. He's angry at San Francisco's policy, announced by then-Mayor Gavin Newsom in 2009, that shielded unlicensed drivers from an automatic 30-day impoundment of their vehicles. He's furious that Galo...
In response to:
Surprising? This is San Francisco, after all, "The City That Forgot How To Do Anything." I spent 36 years in the Bay Area (1966-2002), watching it transform itself from a place with a lot of class to one that catered to the lowest dregs of humanity. One needs to always remember that all choices have consequences, although most of these may seem unpleasant and/or undesirable - at least at the time. This case is an inevitable consequence of a choice made sometime back, and was "unintended," although completely foreseeable (if one would have chosen to use their brain for thinking).
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials detained Roberto Galo on Wednesday morning. Galo is a legal immigrant but an unlicensed driver who, on Nov. 16, 2010, took a left turn at Harrison and 16th streets in San Francisco. His car struck law student Drew Rosenberg. Witnesses later testified that Galo then backed over Rosenberg, who died.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago