Who was that man, and what has he done with Mitt Romney? The Republican presidential nominee was more cheerful, more prepared, more specific, more informed and more energetic than President Obama tonight, resulting in a genuine rout. Romney seemed eager to answer every question, Obama looked peeved and sluggish. For every straw man argument the president raised, his challenger offered a lengthy and detailed rebuttal, in full command of the facts. Romney won virtually every single exchange throughout the night -- on jobs, on deficits, on energy, on Medicare, on health care, and especially on the role of government. Obama's...
Obama was hit with his wanting to raise taxes in a time that it would not be wise. Then he was hit with doubling the price of gasoline. Then he was hit with stifling oil drilling. It didn't look good for him, so Obama broke out with what they told him to say in that case; Obama said that big oil companies got a $4 Billion subsidy. Romney corrected the parrot on a few facts; It was $2.8 Billion, not $4 Billion, and it goes to smaller oil outfits for drilling (R&D) explorations. Romney also went on to say that Obama gave green companies $90 Billion and that it was equivalent to 50 years of oil company subsidies.
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 42 minutes ago
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago