Who was that man, and what has he done with Mitt Romney? The Republican presidential nominee was more cheerful, more prepared, more specific, more informed and more energetic than President Obama tonight, resulting in a genuine rout. Romney seemed eager to answer every question, Obama looked peeved and sluggish. For every straw man argument the president raised, his challenger offered a lengthy and detailed rebuttal, in full command of the facts. Romney won virtually every single exchange throughout the night -- on jobs, on deficits, on energy, on Medicare, on health care, and especially on the role of government. Obama's...
Obama was hit with his wanting to raise taxes in a time that it would not be wise. Then he was hit with doubling the price of gasoline. Then he was hit with stifling oil drilling. It didn't look good for him, so Obama broke out with what they told him to say in that case; Obama said that big oil companies got a $4 Billion subsidy. Romney corrected the parrot on a few facts; It was $2.8 Billion, not $4 Billion, and it goes to smaller oil outfits for drilling (R&D) explorations. Romney also went on to say that Obama gave green companies $90 Billion and that it was equivalent to 50 years of oil company subsidies.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Brave cat jumps from fiery collapsing building, saves no one but himself Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- D.C. cabs companies blame ride-sharing for loss of revenue Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Pew poll: Majority of Republicans think GOP isn’t doing a good job on spending, immigration, and gay marriage Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg to liberals: You really think Obama can replace me? Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 6 hours ago