Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
Ask the Syian military about the effectiveness of small arms fire. Or the English for that matter.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- There’s only one man who can save ObamaCare now Allahpundit 24 minutes ago
- Trey Gowdy to liberal law prof: If Obama can ignore parts of ObamaCare, could he ignore election laws too? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Please, no: Obama to use presidency as stepping stone to SportsCenter gig Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Obama, Dems hope minimum wage distraction will take Obamacare heat off Kevin Glass 2 hours ago
- Where is the Democrats’ primary push to the Left? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Obama: How terrible of Congress to ruin Christmas by … causing people to lose their insurance Allahpundit 4 hours ago