Last week, I appeared on CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight." For the past few weeks, Morgan had been inviting gun rights defenders ranging from the reasonable to the nutty, and then slamming them by appealing to the memory of the children slain at Sandy Hook. And when I appeared with Morgan, that's precisely what I told him: "What you tend to do is you tend to demonize people who differ from you politically by standing on the graves of the children of Sandy Hook, saying they don't seem to care enough about the dead kids." Morgan could only stammer, "How dare...
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Mao Zedong There is only one method and means to secure any right -- guns (the threat and or use of violence in defense of one's rights). Whenever an honest, servant government exists, its citizens may enjoy the blessings of security through the use of government guns. When a government ceases to be and honest servant of its people, then the moral right and rightful power to protect themselves is transfered from the government back to the private citizen. The ONLY thing keeping tyrants from exercising tyranny is guns in the hands of their citizens. The more the better.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 13 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 14 hours ago