Responding to a presidential State of the Union speech is often a thankless task. Following the president's act, which oozes prestige and historic significance, almost always makes the next guy seem small and trivial by comparison. As it goes, the designated member of the opposition party is typically holed up in a room somewhere with little more than a camera, some lights and a teleprompter. The rejoinder he or she offers is almost always instantly forgotten; when it's not, it's usually for the wrong reasons. Sen. Marco Rubio broke the mold last night. He delivered a substantive, relatable and...
The greatest burden on conservatives in America today is educating leftist drones and the products of leftist dominated public schools. Just think what we could do if we didn't have to subsidize the education system with our own time.
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago