Responding to a presidential State of the Union speech is often a thankless task. Following the president's act, which oozes prestige and historic significance, almost always makes the next guy seem small and trivial by comparison. As it goes, the designated member of the opposition party is typically holed up in a room somewhere with little more than a camera, some lights and a teleprompter. The rejoinder he or she offers is almost always instantly forgotten; when it's not, it's usually for the wrong reasons. Sen. Marco Rubio broke the mold last night. He delivered a substantive, relatable and...
The greatest burden on conservatives in America today is educating leftist drones and the products of leftist dominated public schools. Just think what we could do if we didn't have to subsidize the education system with our own time.
- Video: Canada shooter was in contact with “individuals in Syria” Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- A whopping 9% of likely voters “enthusiastic” about Barack Obama Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Uh oh: GOP’s vulnerable candidate start showing off their internal polls Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- In America, we don’t kill the Ebola dog Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Matt Lewis shames the press for laughing at Bristol Palin’s physical assault Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago