Yesterday a school shooting was quickly stopped before it escalated further thanks to an armed guard being on campus.
A student opened fire at his middle school Thursday afternoon, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an armed officer working at the school was able to get the gun away, police said.
Multiple shots were fired in the courtyard of Price Middle School just south of downtown around 1:50 p.m. and the one boy was hit, Atlanta Police Chief George Turner said. In the aftermath, a teacher received minor cuts, he said.
- Nancy Pelosi: A Republican friend of mine told me that his party is “indifferent” to “really hungry children,” you know Erika Johnsen 44 minutes ago
- Nudity, prudity, and double standards on cable television Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Funny or die: Obama pitches ObamaCare to Zach Galifianakis; Update: Goal achieved Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Netanyahu: PA has to recognize Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows Obama underwater on Ukraine crisis, Russia Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Feinstein: CIA snooped on secure Congressional network Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago