My sister Kathy texted the news of Boston Marathon bombing not long after it happened. We've run (walked) four marathons together, and each of us has completed five. We understand the months of training involved in running a marathon (26.2 miles from start to finish). It's not only physical training but also mental. During my first marathon 20 years ago, I hyperventilated at mile eight in anticipation of the 18 miles ahead. We understand how exhausted and relieved the runners in Boston would have been as they approached the finish. But we cannot imagine the terror that ensued after the...
agitator? Yo took a swipe at me and the concept of moral governance. I answered. If you lack a valid retort, at least show the basic human dignity to acknowledge when you have been bested. Oh yeah...I forgot...this isthe point in the debate when leftist agitators usually start throwing rocks or blowing up innocent bystanders.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 18 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 20 hours ago