But the first paragraph refutes the headline: "Allowing income tax rates to rise for wealthy Americans would not hurt U.S. economic growth much (emphasis added) in 2013 ..." The CBO did not say, as the headline suggests, that raising taxes on the rich has no negative economic effect. In fact, the CBO actually said that extending the Bush-era rates for all would increase economic growth by 1.5 percent. If, however, the Bush era rates expired for the rich -- but...
As a repulican of no great wealth who has worked hard all my life and gotten nowhere, I totally support taxing the rich. With all of the current laws which have proven to be very efficient at extracting maximum dollars from my paycheck and favoring business to the detriment of the worker, I want to see a maximum limit of wealth for any individual capped at one million dollars. That would screw em good and put some justice back into the world.
Consider this headline from a Reuters article in The Huffington Post: "Raising Taxes on Rich Won't Hurt Economic Growth, CBO Says."
- WaPo editors: Say, this ISIS intervention looks a wee bit “underpowered,” no? Ed Morrissey 40 mins ago
- ObamaCare subsidies funding abortion coverage: GAO Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 12 hours ago