But the first paragraph refutes the headline: "Allowing income tax rates to rise for wealthy Americans would not hurt U.S. economic growth much (emphasis added) in 2013 ..." The CBO did not say, as the headline suggests, that raising taxes on the rich has no negative economic effect. In fact, the CBO actually said that extending the Bush-era rates for all would increase economic growth by 1.5 percent. If, however, the Bush era rates expired for the rich -- but...
As a repulican of no great wealth who has worked hard all my life and gotten nowhere, I totally support taxing the rich. With all of the current laws which have proven to be very efficient at extracting maximum dollars from my paycheck and favoring business to the detriment of the worker, I want to see a maximum limit of wealth for any individual capped at one million dollars. That would screw em good and put some justice back into the world.
Consider this headline from a Reuters article in The Huffington Post: "Raising Taxes on Rich Won't Hurt Economic Growth, CBO Says."
- Here we go: Obama now reviewing deportation policy after pressure from immigration activists Allahpundit 18 minutes ago
- House Democrats: We can’t build Keystone XL ’cause we need to keep 80 percent of our resources below ground Erika Johnsen 58 minutes ago
- Rand Paul: Republicans must agree to disagree on social issues in order to grow the party Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Small-business employees locked out of Covered California health care Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Russian FM after meeting with Kerry: Russia has no “common vision” on Crimea with the west Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Duane “Generalissimo” Patterson Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago