So, Assemblyman Marc Levine wants to impose his will? Are you telling me he wants to use the power of the state and the police billy clubs to come after me if I smoke? He's a f***kin NATZI.
California Assemblyman Marc Levine, D-San Rafael, has introduced a bill to make it illegal for people to smoke in their own homes -- if they live in an apartment or a condo or a multifamily home. When last I wrote about Levine, he was pushing a statewide law to require grocers to charge for bags. Now he's after cigarettes -- but only the legal kind. With his new AB 746, Levine is following a trail blazed by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who pushed a law prohibiting the restaurant sale of large sugary drinks, which a New York judge overturned.
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Report: Energy production on federal lands is still declining Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Maybe Democrats should be more worried about their own billionaire allies Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Boehner reassures GOP donors: I’m “hellbent” on passing immigration reform this year Allahpundit 6 hours ago