Most politicians are phonies. Opportunists. Demagogues. They worship power for its own sake, and will stop at nothing in its pursuit. A substantial number also appear to be sociopaths. All the more reason to limit their ability to wreak havoc by: 1) Term limits; 2) Dramatic reductions in the size, scope, and reach of govt at all levels, in all arenas (including "defense"). We've learned to live with a nuclear N. Korea, and a nuclear Pakistan. I don't believe an attack on Iran for the sole purpose of preventing them from obtaining nuclear capability is a wise move. It would backfire, and create more problems than it would prevent. Besides, our brilliant leaders have already created a never-ending war posture (and hasn't it been a raging success so far?), and we're sick to death of it. Enough already.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014