President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
"Last question. You're watching an old movie. It shows a banquet in progress, the guests are enjoying raw oysters. The entree consists of boiled dog stuffed with rice. The raw oysters are less acceptable to you than a dish of boiled dog."
- Pointless Person of the Year list missing some options Jazz Shaw 55 minutes ago
- Running on Obamacare… away from the election Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Ryan and Murray announce budget deal Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Alan Grayson scammed out of millions…for the second time Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Doom: Obama’s approval hits new low, congressional Dems in trouble in new Quinnipiac poll Allahpundit 13 hours ago