Wendy60 wrote: The neoconservatives are the reason why Boehner is not putting up a fight. The neocons do the thinking for the Republican leadership on all matters of strategy and morality in politics. Boehner wouldn't take a dump if the neocons told him not to, and if they told him to do so, he would strain for hours. Neocons want tax increases, because paying higher taxes is a sacrifice. Neocons believe that the little people have to be forced into sacrificing for the "collective self," i.e., the state, because that is the only way to preserve the social order. What they...
Sorry John, the so-called neo-conservatives are still around in the D.C. area as they have been for decades. Of course neoconservatives aren't conservatives at all, but militarists seeking an ever expanded military establishment and more wars to justify it. On the other hand there are also plenty of liberal Republicans still in the party establishment. Would someone please explain to me why flaming liberal Republicans are called "moderates."? The liberals and militarists keep shoving in the face the demonstrably false myth that real conservatives and libertarians can't win. Just as they have been since they tried to block the nomination of Barry Goldwater. There is a really big fight going on for the soul of the Republican Party.
- Would you care for some ObamaCare with your March Madness? Erika Johnsen 41 minutes ago
- What’s so important about Israel being a “Jewish State,” anyway? jeffdunetz 1 hour ago
- Bill Gates on minimum wage hike: “I worry about what that does to job creation.” Kevin Glass 2 hours ago
- WH: Obama will totally be an asset for Democrats this year Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Russia and others: testing the limits? Bruce McQuain 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Obama to speak on Ukraine after imposing sanctions Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago