When you hear the name Southern Poverty Law Center, it immediately evokes images of Martin Luther King, Jr., Rosa Parks, Freedom Rides... all iconic symbols of the civil rights movement. And rightly so, for these are the events that inspired it’s founding. Founded in 1971, the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) made a name for itself by defending the poor and disenfranchised against organized forces of hate and bigotry in a society torn by racial tension. Unfortunately, as the years have passed, SPLC has allowed its work to become less about defending the constitutional rights of all Americans and more about...
Wrong, as usual from Townhall readers. Homosexuality is an orientation, and is morally neutral. It's the same as being left-handed. We can debate whether engaging in Gay sex (which is probably what you really meant to say) is sinful, but that is an action, not an orientation.
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 48 mins ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 4 hours ago