When you hear the name Southern Poverty Law Center, it immediately evokes images of Martin Luther King, Jr., Rosa Parks, Freedom Rides... all iconic symbols of the civil rights movement. And rightly so, for these are the events that inspired it’s founding. Founded in 1971, the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) made a name for itself by defending the poor and disenfranchised against organized forces of hate and bigotry in a society torn by racial tension. Unfortunately, as the years have passed, SPLC has allowed its work to become less about defending the constitutional rights of all Americans and more about...
Wrong, as usual from Townhall readers. Homosexuality is an orientation, and is morally neutral. It's the same as being left-handed. We can debate whether engaging in Gay sex (which is probably what you really meant to say) is sinful, but that is an action, not an orientation.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 10 hours ago