When you hear the name Southern Poverty Law Center, it immediately evokes images of Martin Luther King, Jr., Rosa Parks, Freedom Rides... all iconic symbols of the civil rights movement. And rightly so, for these are the events that inspired it’s founding. Founded in 1971, the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) made a name for itself by defending the poor and disenfranchised against organized forces of hate and bigotry in a society torn by racial tension. Unfortunately, as the years have passed, SPLC has allowed its work to become less about defending the constitutional rights of all Americans and more about...
Wrong, as usual from Townhall readers. Homosexuality is an orientation, and is morally neutral. It's the same as being left-handed. We can debate whether engaging in Gay sex (which is probably what you really meant to say) is sinful, but that is an action, not an orientation.
- Oh, good: Obama to announce more faux stimulus with $600 million for job training Erika Johnsen 28 minutes ago
- New study shows casual pot use connected to brain abnormalities Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Minnesota to outsource ObamaCare exchange management to private sector Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Kansas Dems reportedly trying to recruit … Kathleen Sebelius for Senate Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Lerner, DoJ discussed criminal prosecution of tax-exempt applicants Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Ukrainian forces advancing in east as showdown nears Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago