When you hear the name Southern Poverty Law Center, it immediately evokes images of Martin Luther King, Jr., Rosa Parks, Freedom Rides... all iconic symbols of the civil rights movement. And rightly so, for these are the events that inspired it’s founding. Founded in 1971, the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) made a name for itself by defending the poor and disenfranchised against organized forces of hate and bigotry in a society torn by racial tension. Unfortunately, as the years have passed, SPLC has allowed its work to become less about defending the constitutional rights of all Americans and more about...
"Intolernce"? This is a rich coming from Townhall. You are in cahoots with NOM and ADF and have banned civil unions or domestic partnerships in 21 of the 32 states where you passed your marriage amendments.
- Obama’s pathetic border crisis blame shifting Noah Rothman 46 minutes ago
- Israel escalates offensive in Gaza, Hamas rocket commander killed Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Hot Air interview with Marco Rubio on border crisis, Hobby Lobby Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 13 hours ago