When you hear the name Southern Poverty Law Center, it immediately evokes images of Martin Luther King, Jr., Rosa Parks, Freedom Rides... all iconic symbols of the civil rights movement. And rightly so, for these are the events that inspired it’s founding. Founded in 1971, the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) made a name for itself by defending the poor and disenfranchised against organized forces of hate and bigotry in a society torn by racial tension. Unfortunately, as the years have passed, SPLC has allowed its work to become less about defending the constitutional rights of all Americans and more about...
"Intolernce"? This is a rich coming from Townhall. You are in cahoots with NOM and ADF and have banned civil unions or domestic partnerships in 21 of the 32 states where you passed your marriage amendments.
- The encore ObamaCare victory lap after the not-a-deadline-extension Erika Johnsen 28 minutes ago
- Eric Cantor: Obama and I totally had an angry conversation about immigration yesterday Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- America’s new labor battle: SEIU versus … Media Matters Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Phelim McAleer, Rep. Marsha Blackburn, Collin Raye Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Obama declines to endorse Biden for 2016 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Slate’s Dickerson: Obama deceptions might be a deliberate attention-diverting strategy Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago