"In 1960, two-thirds (68%) of all twenty-somethings were married. In 2008, just 26% were." "To get a sense of how different attitudes were in the 1960s, perhaps this will do it. (M)arried women were asked, ‘In your opinion, do you think it is all right for a woman to have sexual relations before marriage...
Maybe society is just confused. Let's see! If I'm a man and I marry a man, can we produce a baby? Or if I'm a woman and marry a woman, can we have a baby without a man? Gee should I get married and who should I marry? Should I marry the same sex or should I marry the opposite sex? You know I am learning so much in school with all the gay clubs, but I don't know if I am heterosexual or homsexual. Well let's think on this. Hmmm, maybe what's going on in society today is the cause of decline in marriage. Just a thought!
It's no secret that marriage has been in decline in America, but most people don't realize how quickly it has been crumbling. The numbers are staggering and the sea change in attitude that has gone along with them would shock previous generations of Americans.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hour ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 5 hours ago