"In 1960, two-thirds (68%) of all twenty-somethings were married. In 2008, just 26% were." "To get a sense of how different attitudes were in the 1960s, perhaps this will do it. (M)arried women were asked, ‘In your opinion, do you think it is all right for a woman to have sexual relations before marriage...
Maybe society is just confused. Let's see! If I'm a man and I marry a man, can we produce a baby? Or if I'm a woman and marry a woman, can we have a baby without a man? Gee should I get married and who should I marry? Should I marry the same sex or should I marry the opposite sex? You know I am learning so much in school with all the gay clubs, but I don't know if I am heterosexual or homsexual. Well let's think on this. Hmmm, maybe what's going on in society today is the cause of decline in marriage. Just a thought!
It's no secret that marriage has been in decline in America, but most people don't realize how quickly it has been crumbling. The numbers are staggering and the sea change in attitude that has gone along with them would shock previous generations of Americans.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago