"In 1960, two-thirds (68%) of all twenty-somethings were married. In 2008, just 26% were." "To get a sense of how different attitudes were in the 1960s, perhaps this will do it. (M)arried women were asked, ‘In your opinion, do you think it is all right for a woman to have sexual relations before marriage...
Maybe society is just confused. Let's see! If I'm a man and I marry a man, can we produce a baby? Or if I'm a woman and marry a woman, can we have a baby without a man? Gee should I get married and who should I marry? Should I marry the same sex or should I marry the opposite sex? You know I am learning so much in school with all the gay clubs, but I don't know if I am heterosexual or homsexual. Well let's think on this. Hmmm, maybe what's going on in society today is the cause of decline in marriage. Just a thought!
It's no secret that marriage has been in decline in America, but most people don't realize how quickly it has been crumbling. The numbers are staggering and the sea change in attitude that has gone along with them would shock previous generations of Americans.
- CPAC: Cruz meets the bloggers Ed Morrissey 24 minutes ago
- New education plan: Take the “tricky vocabulary” out of the SAT exam Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 13 hours ago