The establishment has no interest in the Tea Party except to accept cash donations. I'll donate to individual candidates but not one dime to those 'masterminds' who don't actually get the job done. In 2012 Tea Party 3, RINOs 0. What does that tell you?
During the 2012 election cycle, Tea Partiers were told by their supposed betters that their ignorance of everyday politics meant that they should take a back seat to the Republican Party establishment. Brandishing the so-called Buckley Rule with quasi-religious fervor -- the notion that Republicans should run the most conservative candidate who can win -- the establishment GOP proclaimed that the only presidential candidate who could win was Republican Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts. They suggested that four-term former Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson was a shoe-in for the Senate. They explained that the Tea Party was responsible for failed Senate candidates...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 8 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 9 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago