Congressional Republicans should look at their party's loss in the presidential election as liberating. They surely now understand that the strategy of soft-pedaling Obama's record and agenda doesn't work. They surely grasp that its fear of calling President Obama out on his real intentions and the disastrous consequences of his destructive policies just plays into his hands and enables the advancement...
In response to:
We really need to get the subject of civics taught in the schools so that the next generation will be at least familiar with the function of our government, as I find even adults including myself somewhat ignorant on the branches of the government and their function. That need becomes most apparent when you hear some of the voters when they were interviewed by the media.
We can get back to discussing GOP minority constituent recruitment soon, but in the meantime, we have a fiscal cliff issue that beckons -- the real fiscal cliff (America's imminent financial collapse), not the government shutdown molehill everyone is agonizing over.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Good: Comedienne refuses to apologize for telling jokes Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Shocking report: Obama didn’t even finish Jiro’s sushi Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Who’s up for a Throwback Thursday with Kim Jong Un? Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Georgia governor signs liberalizing concealed carry law Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 5 hours ago