How does President Obama's contribution to the national debt compare to those of other modern Presidents?
To answer that question, we're going to express the United States' total public debt outstanding in the more human scale terms of U.S. households, for which the U.S. Census provides data going back to 1967. Our chart below summarizes what we find when we calculate the national debt per U.S. household for each of the U.S. government's fiscal year from 1967 through the just ended fiscal year for 2012, both in nominal and...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 8 hours ago