The FISA Amendments Act largely exempted the federal government from having to work through a special court system in order to obtain warrants to monitor communications involving Americans. While President Obama was in the Senate, he opposed the legislation. Now that he's actually wielding the levers of...
In response to:
So right you are. I wonder why this is not apparent to others? Guess, "we the people" should at the very least drop a line or email to our elected officials and voice our opposition.
Senate Intelligence Committee Chair Dianne Feinstein has been presided over four days of committee debate over reauthorization of the FISA Amendments Act with an iron fist and incredible subordination to the Obama Administration. The FISA Amendments Act of 2008 was set to expire, but President Obama has been pushing for its un-amended reauthorization.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 5 hours ago