The FISA Amendments Act largely exempted the federal government from having to work through a special court system in order to obtain warrants to monitor communications involving Americans. While President Obama was in the Senate, he opposed the legislation. Now that he's actually wielding the levers of...
In response to:
So right you are. I wonder why this is not apparent to others? Guess, "we the people" should at the very least drop a line or email to our elected officials and voice our opposition.
Senate Intelligence Committee Chair Dianne Feinstein has been presided over four days of committee debate over reauthorization of the FISA Amendments Act with an iron fist and incredible subordination to the Obama Administration. The FISA Amendments Act of 2008 was set to expire, but President Obama has been pushing for its un-amended reauthorization.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 6 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 8 hours ago