As an economist with a boring personality (sorry to be redundant), I sometimes focus on numbers. And when contemplating the cost of regulation and red tape, there are some numbers that should frighten all of us.
- Americans spend 8.8 billion hours every year filling out government forms.
- The economy-wide cost of regulation is now $1.75 trillion.
- For every bureaucrat at a regulatory agency, 100 jobs are destroyed in the economy’s productive sector.
The Obama Administration
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 6 hours ago