Here's the deal Dave, it takes a lot of hard work and discipline to live within your budget and not get into debt. What you say about the $3,500 mortgage accelerator I'v said to my friends about them buying your books and plans and tapes. It's as simple as not being overweight....do not spend more than you make and save up for special or big ticket items. But they do not listen to me and when ever they call me with some deal for a car or buyers direct or Christmas party ideas because they are low on cash I always ask them, "What would Dave Ramsey say?" It's the only thing that works. My opinion and ideas - they always try and talk me into saying yes and it never works.
After more than 20 years of following Reverend Wright, Obama truly believes the black on black violence, fatherlessness, and general 'give me' attitude in black urban areas is all the white mans fault. Plus, your article kept saying, 'be honest about what's happening and don't be afraid to put blame where it belongs honestly....' are you blaming in on Whites as well? It's hard to know where you stand in this article. Something needs to be done because those people are living like animals and the few stand up citizens left in those areas are being taken alive by a human cancer that can't easily be radiated.

Soldier Girl Blues

Ginamero Wrote: Jan 30, 2013 8:55 AM
I have a very deep and commanding voice. I have 3 sons, a long term husband, and two male dogs. I'm surrounded by it. The dogs run when they hear me get angry and my sons have all think I can 'take' daddy. (Not true - we are the same size but he could hurt me simply by virtue of being male) and are more terrified when I get angry than when their father is upset. By the time my oldest is 16 the only way I could take him in a fight is if he holds back because I'm mom or I fight from experience and fight dirty. Women in combat is crazy and I'd be terrified to have my name in a draft to send me to the front lines.

Soldier Girl Blues

Ginamero Wrote: Jan 30, 2013 8:45 AM
I could not. This came about because of government imposed glass ceilings. Was there no other answer to this problem? Soldiers in combat and combat training advance quicker and make more money. Great minds could have come up with an answer other than - let the little girls try out for SEALS and Rangers but drop the admittance for all...wrong answer.

Soldier Girl Blues

Ginamero Wrote: Jan 30, 2013 8:43 AM
combat. The most I ever benched repeatedly was 150 and I could barely pull myself by arms only anywhere. I could push 350 with my legs repeatedly and if having to pull weight up, if I could get my leg wrapped around something I could get over. As typical of a woman, my strength was in my legs. The government my be able to give me a shot to keep my menses away for months at a time but lack of testosterone in my formative years made me weaker. I've been in 'friendly' cage matches with men my own size and while I could give them a run for their money...I never won. I'm mean as hell so it was not for lack of desire to 'put a hurt on someone' it's that they were stronger and bigger. Some women may be able to do it - but as tough as I was.

Soldier Girl Blues

Ginamero Wrote: Jan 30, 2013 8:39 AM
I'm 5'11" broad shoulder and big hands. I've played sports my entire life and grew up in a very male dominated house where the entire family (save the girly girls) worked the male dominated family business. I carry what I hear is a presence that says, " Don't F with me." I've been told more than once during job evaluations that I'm smart, adaptable, have a strong skill set, but I'm too aggressive. I'm heterosexual. I've had more than my share of fist fights over honor and territory. Yet, with all that - I do not want to be in a combat position. When I was younger I had always thought of myself as 'just short of a dude.' But from middle age I can clearly see that I was never near the kind of man it takes to be a SEAL or front lines

Whose Welfare?

Ginamero Wrote: Jan 30, 2013 8:31 AM
I totally get it. But I can see how culture can rub off - even if I believe sexual orientation does not. If I had been raised in a Catholic home in Poland I would be totally different than the free thinking upbringing I had in Texas.

Whose Welfare?

Ginamero Wrote: Jan 30, 2013 8:30 AM
It was my first thought as well. How T. Marshall was ever considered a great thinker is beyond me...just another racist placed in a high position for his skin.
I find this super flakey because Reed changed horses midstream. You can't tell people A. then turn around 4 months before a show and tell them rules have changed and now its X. - I'm glad they chose to give the money back. Do these left nuts realize how many jobs and people are affected by this move? What morons.

The Teenage Horror of 'Parenthood'

Ginamero Wrote: Jan 25, 2013 7:06 AM
First, Amy wasn't Drew's ex girlfriend. She had taken the whiney loser back. Second, so what? Somehow, this only reinforces to me that the right wing Christian philosophy of abstinence is what is wrong - not the abortion. Why is it so difficult to understand that humans have sex even when you tell them your god does not like it. They both have a life waiting for them. If she wanted to stay off of Obamas welfare rolls and end up unhappy - she had two choices, birth control or abortion (since she failed at the first). With all the religious chatter about killing babies, I'm glad this show had the nerve to show real life and that she chose abortion. What a stupid article.
abortions more than blacks. We want things in our lives that don't involve big govenments little check to keep us home. 5. I don't know anyone who has ever celebrated an abortion. If they did - would you want them to be your mother? People who have abortions do so for a reason. I doubt it's for fun. How dare you judge, Blondie. Walk a mile before giving women the stink eye. Premarital sex and having a child out of wedlock is just as sinful as the morning after pill or an early termination....get over your high self.