Isn't tipping to be done according to the service one gets? We were at a pizza place recently and had four adults and six children, ordered two large pizzas and two pitchers of soda -- not a difficult order. Our order was taken and the order was put on our table, which is the extent of the waitress's communication with us. I even had to go and ask for the bill. Because there were more than six people they added in the tip, which was 20 percent! Could I have refused to pay that much for a tip and just left...
know is right. I've paid bills on parties of 6 or more and the waitress worked hard and left the 20% off and I gave her 25% because she did such a good job and did not ignore my party. You are a fool if you think I'd ever pay that 20% - call the cops. I'll spend time in jail on the tax payer dime before I pay for crude service.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago