Isn't tipping to be done according to the service one gets? We were at a pizza place recently and had four adults and six children, ordered two large pizzas and two pitchers of soda -- not a difficult order. Our order was taken and the order was put on our table, which is the extent of the waitress's communication with us. I even had to go and ask for the bill. Because there were more than six people they added in the tip, which was 20 percent! Could I have refused to pay that much for a tip and just left...
I've refused the added on 20% when I've had bad service...all the way to the manager. I will not pay it. I do tip for service and large party or no if you ignore me, keep me waiting, don't refill my drink or bring me more drinks, do not clean the used plates from the table ect...well, waitstaff complain that large parties do not tip ....waitstaff think they have a 20% locked in tip so they don't care. That's worse. In Baton Rouge at the Melting Pot we six adults had the worst service and was charged 20% I refused to pay it - the manager and I argued. I told him all about the hideous service and he demanded I pay it. I put cash down for my part and left. I will never pay someone to ignore me. I always carry cash and will pay what I
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 5 hours ago