Isn't tipping to be done according to the service one gets? We were at a pizza place recently and had four adults and six children, ordered two large pizzas and two pitchers of soda -- not a difficult order. Our order was taken and the order was put on our table, which is the extent of the waitress's communication with us. I even had to go and ask for the bill. Because there were more than six people they added in the tip, which was 20 percent! Could I have refused to pay that much for a tip and just left...
I've refused the added on 20% when I've had bad service...all the way to the manager. I will not pay it. I do tip for service and large party or no if you ignore me, keep me waiting, don't refill my drink or bring me more drinks, do not clean the used plates from the table ect...well, waitstaff complain that large parties do not tip ....waitstaff think they have a 20% locked in tip so they don't care. That's worse. In Baton Rouge at the Melting Pot we six adults had the worst service and was charged 20% I refused to pay it - the manager and I argued. I told him all about the hideous service and he demanded I pay it. I put cash down for my part and left. I will never pay someone to ignore me. I always carry cash and will pay what I
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 6 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 8 hours ago