Isn't tipping to be done according to the service one gets? We were at a pizza place recently and had four adults and six children, ordered two large pizzas and two pitchers of soda -- not a difficult order. Our order was taken and the order was put on our table, which is the extent of the waitress's communication with us. I even had to go and ask for the bill. Because there were more than six people they added in the tip, which was 20 percent! Could I have refused to pay that much for a tip and just left...
I've refused the added on 20% when I've had bad service...all the way to the manager. I will not pay it. I do tip for service and large party or no if you ignore me, keep me waiting, don't refill my drink or bring me more drinks, do not clean the used plates from the table ect...well, waitstaff complain that large parties do not tip ....waitstaff think they have a 20% locked in tip so they don't care. That's worse. In Baton Rouge at the Melting Pot we six adults had the worst service and was charged 20% I refused to pay it - the manager and I argued. I told him all about the hideous service and he demanded I pay it. I put cash down for my part and left. I will never pay someone to ignore me. I always carry cash and will pay what I
- Uncommon courage: Jeb Bush finally weighs in on the border crisis Noah Rothman 48 minutes ago
- FAA, EASA reauthorize operations at Tel Aviv for Western airlines Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Meriam Ibrahim lands in Italy, on way to US; Update: Meets with Pope Francis Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago