For Duncan, the civil rights issue was that black elementary and high school students are disciplined at a higher rate than whites. His evidence for discrimination is that blacks are three and a half times more likely to be suspended or expelled than their white peers. Duncan and his Obama administration supporters conveniently...
Let me preface: I'm a retired, biology teacher (pigmented female). Too many excuses for too long have RUINED public education. Color has clouded the common sense of a corrupt, bloated educational system that no longer speaks to excellence...let's just stroke the poor little negro children so they can feel loved and special. What a DISGRACE! No matter what your color is, if you don't work to excel and behave, your a#! NEEDS to be tossed out the nearest exit. Enough already! Coddling black students has been a destructive response to a very serious problem and getting back to the basics of learning in the classroom is going to require a massive overhaul of the entire system. What a MESS!
If I were a Klansman, wanting to sabotage black education, I couldn't find better allies than education establishment liberals and officials in the Obama administration, especially Secretary of Education Arne Duncan, who in March 2010 announced that his department was "going to reinvigorate civil rights enforcement."
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 57 mins ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Trouble in Paradise: NY Times won’t endorse Andrew Cuomo’s reelection bid Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Media curiously silent on “Truthy” Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago